Sep 3, 2011

Atami : Spa, Inexpensive Seafood, Fireworks, Beach with White Sand, What else do you want?

Atami is famous for spa and was once the destiny land for just married Japanese couples to visit.
But who ever expected it grew such an amusing place? (To be honest, I hadn't done, till I visited by myself)
I'll introduce you of my amazing discovery in a short trip this summer.
Access:

It takes less than 1 hour ride on bullet train from downtown Tokyo.

(1) From Tokyo (JR:Japan Railway Station) to Atami
  by bullet train called as Kodama or Hikari Super Express
  costs 4,280 JPY one way/person, taking 49 minutes.

(2) From Atami JR Station to Hotel (Club Sammi, mentioned later) this time
  by taxi costs 1,250 JPY / 15 min.

Fireworks:

Don't miss fireworks. Without it, you can't talk to your friends that you've enjoyed Japanese summer.
Imagine huge ice cream, too cool and sweet with colorful toppings.
 

It seems to be achieved every weekend (and sometimes in weekday) in summer season.
It starts 8:20 PM and ends 8:50 PM


It's completely different from other ones in other rural area, I've ever seen. I mean it's huge, having vertical angle 60 degree, horizontal 45 degree width.

Do you mind pic doesn't look huge? I say, I prefer to memorize everything with my own eyes, rather than holding camera all the time to take the best shot. Do it as possible. Then your twinkling memory starts to get brighter years by years. I prefer such style rather than everything is recorded on FB.

The fireworks can be seen on the balcony of the hotel room with your friends, lover, partner, even alone yourself . . . on enough space (mentioned later).
Do you still want to see famous fireworks in Japan (i.e. PL/Osaka, Sumida River/Tokyo) in hustle and bustle of crowded area, 0.5m x 1m/person or less? Hum, well, it's not bad, but you may not do it. Visit Atami, taking Japanese traditional clothes, Yukata, and enjoy!

Hotel: Club Sammi

Approx @ 22,000 JPY/person (at catalog price, and 12,000 at net price during discount campaign in my case) including


(1) 20m2/twin bed room + 10m2 Japanese traditional style room (as 2 times bigger than usual Japanese business hotel).



(2) All rooms are with ocean view.
  

(3) a buffet dinner, in dining hall, serving seafood (crub, thnnus albacares, shrimps and many more), Chinese food, Japanese traditional food, and of course western style stakes


(4) breakfast. . . but I can't evaluate now because it was served till 9:00 AM, and I was sleeping till 10AM


* Notes for a buffet dinner:
  I recommend you to stay there 2 nights, because if you stay only on Saturday, you need to eat everything up in 80 minutes (from 7:00 PM till 8:20 PM when fireworks start).

* Fresh Sea Food
  Have you ever seen a veteran cook cutting up a whole tuna (they call it thnnus albacares) in a couple of minutes? Seeing that, kids and even adults were in great joy. The meat is fresh, soft and not smelling weired anymore. I guarantee the taste based on my experience gotten on fishing boat in 3 seas . . Japan Sea, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean.


  Getting around town down the street, you will find a lot of good sea food menu in restaurants. The picture is cod roe spaghetti. The amount of roe is much richer than usual.

(5) For people from overseas, English, Chinese and Korean notice board is prepared for
//

No comments: